We’ll keep this really simple. Let’s start with a few facts about joy and then dive into seven ways to find joy when we lack it.
1. Joy is not a feeling, it’s a godly perspective.
2. A Christian’s hardships aren’t pointless, they’re productive.
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.”
– James 1.2-3
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Seven Ways To Pursue Joy
- God’s direction brings joy (Ps. 94.19)
- The Resurrection brings joy (Matt. 28.8)
- Unity of mind and sharing the same love brings joy (Phil. 2.2)
- Loving the Lord’s people brings joy (Phil. 1.7)
- A mature faith brings joy (I Pt. 1.8)
- Fellowship brings joy (2 John 1.12)
- God’s presence brings joy (Jude 24)
One thought on “Seven Ways To Pursue Joy”
yes Dale, joy comes from our being in our Lord and savor. great lesson