Wednesday’s Column: Third’s Words
How does God expect us to treat each other as a church family? Look at Ephesians 4 and 5 —
- Always be humble and gentle (2).
- Be patient and accept each other with love (2).
- Be unified through God’s spirit (3-6).
- Use any talents and abilities to make the church stronger (11-12).
- Work together as a church to reach a greater level of spiritual maturity (13-16).
- Avoid living like the world, because they can’t have the life God gives (17-24).
- Avoid telling lies, and always be truthful with our Christian family (25).
- Avoid getting too angry, because it gives satan a way to defeat us (26-27).
- Avoid stealing, instead work for what we need and share with those who need it (28).
- Avoid cursing and hateful speech, instead encourage people (σαπρος means rotten speech) because we can make God sad with our speech (29-30).
- Avoid being bitter, angry, or mad, don’t raise your voice when mad, or say things that hurt other people, and don’t do anything evil (31).
- Be kind and loving to each other, and forgive each other just like God forgives us (32).