Hey men, what makes a good wife?
If I had the courage to ask a few random guys watching the football game at the local Applebees, they might give me a few stereotypical male answers. Some of them might say,
“Well a good wife should be a good cook!”
or “A good wife makes sure I got tea in my glass when I sit in my chair at the end of the day.” Or “A good wife keeps the house nice and clean.”
The question isn’t what makes a good maid— but a good wife.
I’m one day in to my second year of marriage. I still have no idea what I’m doing. However, I know exactly what makes a good wife.
Here are five qualities of, not just a good, but a great spouse. I’m incredibly blessed to see these things in my bride every day.
A Good Wife Is…
- Filled with a desire To please God, more than her husband.
- Not sinless but not satisfied with the status quo— she seeks to always grow spiritually.
- Constantly encouraging, but not afraid to be honest about the faults in her husband.
- Focused on eternity and helps her husband focus on eternity. Every day.
- Forgiving, just like Jesus.
According to scripture, a good wife is someone that’s always growing but will always be a child of God.
Now, excuse me— my wife needs me to run an errand for her. 🙂