Tuesday’s Column: Dale Mail
Did you know?
- The wandering Albatross is the biggest flying creature on earth today.
- It’s lifespan can be over 60 years.
- They can go years without ever touching the ground.
Did you know?
Many people today haven’t decided that God is the answer to the void we have in our lives. For this reason, James will give us the following instructions to help us in our prayer lives.
“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” James 1.6
God wants His children to trust Him, and He is ready to reward the evidence of our trust in Him.
We show God our faith in Him in two major ways based on this verse and its original context.
- God’s where we go when we need wisdom (verse 5).
- We’ve decided and are convinced that God is the answer by praying to Him without doubting His ability to aid us.
Unlike the albatross that wanders for years without touching the ground, we’re not commanded to drift through the air without landing. We’re expected seek out the truth, land, and stay there.
Maybe you’ve wandered off and you’re starting to see the signs. Signs like constant panic, unrest, anxiety, and feeling a loss of control. These can all point to a spiritual problem that you’re no longer grounded.
God is always the answer and we can prove to Him that we believe this truth by letting Him take the lead.