Tuesday’s Column: Dale Mail
- Confusion: “Why did this happen?”
- Sadness: “How will I go on?”
- Anger: “Who allowed this to happen?”
Who can answer these questions?
Who can provide comfort?
Who can guide your heart through the heartbreaking moments in life?
Is it not the Creator?
Here’s a quick reminder to help give those who are dealing with loss and tragedy some perspective.
Though “end” is a very human term,
100 years from now I’ll be alive and so will you. 150, 200 years from now I’ll be alive and so will you.
Since we are made in the image of God, that means…
- When God breathed into you the breath of life He gave you a piece of Himself called the soul which will live forever…somewhere.
- When God created you in a more intimate way unlike the beasts of the field and the birds of the air He gave you free choice.
- He gave you the ability to reason.
- He gave you the ability to contact Him and be contacted by him.
How sad and how tragic it would be to live your life with no hope. God offers wonderful and comforting news even at times where such news seems to be missing.
God loves you more than anyone can.
God loves you more than you can comprehend.
Though many cry for and with you when you hurt, that love falls short of the one who expresses His love in a way that’s perfect and unfailing.
You will and perhaps you currently experience feelings you can’t put into words, but God feels them and understands them.
God can walk you through the hurts. Life doesn’t have to be impossibly tragic and void of purpose.
God created the heart. He can heal yours. God created the mind. He can sort yours out. God made the soul. He can save yours. God created the body. He can give you rest. God created the eyes. He can wipe your tears away. God created the shoulder, but His are the only shoulders capable of bearing the weight of all those who lean on them.