Thoughts of Jesus at this Holiday Season…
Undoubtedly, one could find more contrasts than comparisons between Christ’s birth and death. Yet, a study of both reveals some interesting parallels. Both changed the world and have altered the impact of eternity. Consider the following:
1) At both, He was rejected of men (Luke 2:7; Mark 15:15).
2) At both, He was cast “outside” (Luke 2:7; Hebrews 13:12).
3) At both, Mary was there (Luke 2:7; John 19:26).
4) At both, myrrh was present for use upon Him (Matthew 2:11; John 19:39).
5) At both, there was darkness (Matthew 2:10,14; Matthew 27:45).
6) At both, His body was wrapped in clothing (Luke 2:7,12; Mark 15:46).
7) At both, a Herod becomes curiously involved (Matthew 2:7ff; Luke 23:7ff).
8) At both, there was worship-though the first was genuine and the second
mocking (Matthew 2:11 and Luke 2:13-14; Mark 15:19).
9) At both, wise men recognized His deity (Matthew…
View original post 67 more words