Wednesday’s Column: Third’s Words
It’s a jungle out there, so here’s some friendly reminders:
- We’re here for a short time, not a long time (James 4.14).
- God ultimately controls the outcome of November 3rd (Romans 13.1).
- This earth is fallen anyway and we’re looking forward to something way better (II Peter 3.10).
- We have more pressing matters to attend to (Ephesians 2.10; 4.11; Matthew 28.18ff).
- We’re ambassadors, not crusaders (II Corinthians 5.11ff).
- Mercy always trumps a condemning attitude (James 2.11ff). Contextually, this is about not showing favoritism based on appearance or status. A broader application concerning our attitude toward others in general is appropriate.
- Our attitudes may well be what condemns or saves a lost soul (Philippians in general, but specifically 2.5-11).
- Don’t be rude to people, but especially not to those in our spiritual family (Galatians 6).
- What we do about our beliefs speaks far more powerfully than what we say about our beliefs, and that can be amazing or especially harmful (James 2.18).
- Revelation 22.20!