Tuesday’s Column: Dale Mail
There’s a magic moment when a child discovers that two different paint colors combined can create an entirely different color. The possibilities seem endless! Red and yellow paints are dumped on a blank canvas and mixed to create a bright orange. That same excitement, on a whole new level, can be experienced when we discover that God mixed with “human nature” creates something far better and more beautiful. God is often the ingredient missing from our potential success as well as those goals we sometimes attempt to make alone. Consider the impact He has on our common life struggles…
1. When God is mixed with our sin – He creates forgiveness (Romans 4:7)
2. When God is mixed with our finances – He creates a healthy view of money and how to use it (Proverbs 13:11)
3. When God is mixed with our relationships – He creates a stronger and more fulfilling bond (Eph. 4:2-3)
4. When you mix God with uncertainty – He creates certainty (Romans 8:28)
5. When you include God in difficult decisions – you find direction (Prov. 3:5-6)
6. When you mix God with depression/anxiety – you discover some relief (1 Peter 5:6-7)
7. When you include God in your work – you will get the best results (1 Cor. 2:9)
8. Add God to any fear – you not only get courage, but a total removal of fear (1 John 4:18)
In short, the more yellow you add to red, the brighter the orange. The more God you add to your life, the brighter the future becomes. If you desire a vibrant life, then God is what needs to saturate your mind, heart, and decisions.
When God is in my mind my mind becomes more holy.
When God finds His way into my heart, my heart develops more purity.
No meaningful and lasting change can be accomplished by sheer willpower and determination— if those two things are not mixed with an all-powerful God.