- “My team” got crushed last night in embarrassing fashion. Today, life continues.
- A talented actor succumbed to his cruel coping mechanism and craving and is found dead in his apartment. Heroin is not the answer.
- Unrest and fighting in Bangkok, Kiev, Aleppo, Moscow, and Bangui remind us that men of various earthly motives continue to use carnal warfare to gain power and subjugate their enemies.
- Conservationists and whalers literally colliding their ships in Antarctica show how passionate we can be about things that ultimately cease. The same is true of those arguing over a pipeline from out of the north.
- Even morally conservative people cheer the “good news” that abortion rates are their lowest since 1973—but over a million babies per year were still slaughtered in that 13% decline.
- Handwringing over government healthcare and economic volatility dominates some people’s focus, while so little attention is given to the church’s mission to get heaven’s inheritance into the hands of as many as possible.
- One “alternative lifestyle” is trumpeted, promoted, and force-fed the public through every media means possible, while the most important “alternative lifestyle”—Christianity—is sneered at and belittled.
Hey, but the reminders are not nearly all so negative.
- I derive deep joy and peace from my daily communion with my Creator.
- The church, though imperfect, is filled with people who are trying to please God and help each other get to heaven.
- Jesus is greater than every challenge, discouragement, and strife.
- Every spiritual blessing in Christ keeps every faithful child of God buoyed up in the most turbulent circumstances.
- So many are going against the popular tide out of devotion to Him.
- In the darkest times, the promises of God shine their brightest.
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Nothing!
So, what kind of day are you having. Maybe adjusting your perspective will help!
- Our happiness is not tied to our net worth, worldly acceptance, or access to pleasure and ease. It is often most found where these are most lacking.
- Evangelism still works and will always work.
- Through consistent compassion and Christlikeness, we can reach the hearts of people struggling with so many of the ills previously mentioned and explode their stereotypes and prejudices against Christianity.
- In the end, we will be victorious through Christ!