You get to choose, just like Jesus did (Mark 2:14) and the Good Samaritan did (Luke 10:33). When you look, who or what do you see? May I encourage us all to…
- See people, not pigment.
- See souls, not status.
- See minds, not money.
- See Christ, not color.
- See relationship, not race.
- See opportunity, not obstacle.
- See hope, not hopelessness.
- See by faith, not by features.
- See spiritually, not stereotypically.
- See empathetically, not exclusively.
- See persons, not politics.
- See biblically, not bigotedly.
- See impartially, not impassively.
- See lovingly, not loathingly.
- See compassionately, not condescendingly.
- See eternally, not externally.
- See responsibility, not reactions.
- See bridges, not bunkers.
The world tells us to see the things or in the ways represented on the right hand side of the comma. But the Word urges us to focus on the left hand side of it. Don’t let the world be your guide.
One thought on “What You See Depends On How You Look”
Amen to these thoughts, and thank you!