Tuesday’s Column: Dale Mail
“Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart..” V.1
- Sometimes referred to as the spirit of prayer (I Thess. 5.17)
- “And not lose heart” We sometimes fail to pray when we’ve lost hope. This makes us feel distant from God & by not praying we create that distance.
- Jesus lived a prayerful life & we know from Heb. 7.25 “He lives to intercede for us.”
THE WIDOW AND THE UNJUST JUDGE READ 2-8
God isn’t the unjust judge, He’s Just.
So He doesn’t…
- Answer prayers because we’re annoying Him
- God loves to answer us because He loves us
- Jesus and Paul were both persistent in their prayer lives (Mark 14.39, 2 Cor. 12.8)
The Unjust Judge
- Wasn’t fair— God is
- No personal interest in the widow— God cares for those who pray to Him
- The judge answers the widows cry selfishly— God Has blessed us and continues to do so because it’s in our best interest.
Verse 8 is worth some thought too!
V. 8 “When the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”
Do we have the kind of faith Jesus will be looking for when He returns?
- We do if we know who God is (not an unjust judge)
- We do if we pray persistently
- We do if we pray even when we lose heart
HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TO DALE AND JANELLE (10/19)