Here are the rules: Don’t use any resources to look up these answers. This is a quiz to test your knowledge.
- What is Mark Zuckerberg best known for co-founding?
- How many regular season games are there in an NFL, MLB, and NBA season?
- What is the name of Apple’s media library, media player, and mobile device management application?
- What is Ree Drummond’s famous nickname?
- Captain America, The Hulk, and Iron Man are all part of a group of superheroes better known by what name?
- Which online social networking service restricts users to 140 characters or less?
- What is the name of the author of 50 Shades Of Grey?
- Name three different, major cell phone service providers.
- What is the name of the ABC television series that pairs professional dancers with celebrities who compete against each other?
- What is the name of the video-sharing website whose logo is a redbox with a play button symbol in the middle of it?
- What is the brand name of Wal-Mart’s generic line of food products called?
- What is the name of the website where users can upload, save, sort, and manage images (“pins”) and other media content in collections called “pinboards”?
- What upbeat 2013 song by Pharrell Williams lost its Oscar bid to the song “Let It Go”?
- What movie did the song “Let It Go” famously appear in?
- Name two major cable news networks.
Hopefully that was fun. How did you do?
If you got 12-15 right, you are fluent in current culture.
If you got 8-11 right, you are passable in current culture.
If you got 4-7 right, you are possibly living on an Amish farm or serving a stint in solitary confinement.
If you got less than 4 right, you may not have a pulse.
(Note: measurements are strictly facetious and unscientific).
Now for a second quiz:
- In what Bible book is it said, “We brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out”?
- What was King David’s father’s name?
- Name two sons of Jochebed.
- Joel, Haggai, and Hosea are all books of the Bible from what literary genre?
- What was the name of the hometown of the apostle Paul? What was the name of his famous teacher?
- What two men were considered to replace the apostle Judas and which one did God select?
- What was the name of the town where Jesus was born?
- On what island was the apostle John exiled?
- Name two righteous kings of Judah.
- What were the names of the rivers Naaman preferred over the muddy Jordan River?
- Name the books of the Bible commonly referred to as “the gospels.”
- What is another name for the deliverers of Israel whose ranks included Othniel, Tola, and Ibzan?
- Who penned the words, “Pride goes before destruction”?
- What Jewish sect who opposed Jesus also did not believe in the resurrection?
- Who penned the book of Acts?
How did you do on that test? We absorb so much of the culture because it surrounds us and demands our attention. We see it, hear it, and are in so many ways surrounded by it. The Bible is something we must be intentional about. We must go to it and spend time in it. When we do, we’ll grow in more than mere knowledge (cf. 2 Pet. 3:18). We’ll be nourished (1 Tim. 4:6), delighted (Ps. 1:2), enlivened (Ph. 2:16), protected (Ps. 119:11), revived (Ps. 119:25), and sanctified (Jn. 17:17). We’re not trying to win a trivia contest. We’re trying to overcome the world and go to heaven. Bible reading, studying, and meditation is key to that! Spend some time in The Word today and every day!
Answers To The First Quiz:
- 16, 162, and 82
- “The Pioneer Woman”
- “The Avengers”
- E.L. James
- Sprint, AT&T, TMobile, Verizon, etc.
- “Dancing With The Stars”
- Great Value
- “Happy” or “Happiness Is The Truth”
- CNN, Fox News, MSNBC
Answers To The Second Quiz:
- 1 Timothy (6:7)
- Moses and Aaron
- Prophecy (particularly, “Minor Prophets”)
- Tarsus; Gamaliel
- Matthias and Barsabbas; Matthias
- Hezekiah, Josiah, Asa, Jehoshaphat, etc.
- Abanah and Pharpar
- Matthew, Mark, Luke and John